Experience a Move Nelson City Ride
- Tours will operate over the summer season - from around mid September to mid April - and only by special request over winter. Please contact Move Nelson direct on 0800 386 734 or 027 243 5301 to check availability. Events and parties will be possible all year, subject to weather and availability.
- Payment is by credit card if booked in advance through the website or through agents, and by cash only if not. There is NO Eftpos facility available!!
- Move Nelson Segway Tours will provide you with a range of wheely fun experiences that will show the versatility of the Segway.
- Easy to use! After a few minutes guidance from your experienced guide, you will be the master of this amazing machine! Simple technique: to go forward, just lean forwards; to stop (or reverse) just lean gently backwards. A weird but thrilling sensation that everyone quickly gets used to. Contact us for rides.
- Start your guided ride from the I-Site car park or from Founders Park Heritage Village car park. Other locations will be available on demand - the Honest Lawyer out at Monaco and the car park by the Library at Tahunanui Beach.
- All tours will only operate in suitable weather conditions, as Move Nelson wants to be able to provide a fun and successful experience.
- Tours start at 10am, 1pm and at 3pm from the I-site or Founders Park, and/or from the other locations mentioned above as available.
- Ride from Founders Park and Miyazu Gardens locality going along the coastal track to the city centre, with one option of going through Founders Park itself! A unique way to see this iconic Nelson attraction!
- A choice of rides from the I-Site along the Maitai River up to Queens Gardens and the Botanic Gardens (home of NZ's first rugby game!), with an option to ride along the coastal track to Founders Park.
- Another ride starts from the Honest Lawyer along the Stoke-Richmond cycle track and the coastal track to Monaco and the airport. This tour will be based on demand and at certain times only.
- Similarly, another ride is available through the Tahunanui Beach reserve, past the other attractions, such as the Beach Cafe, Natureland and ProKarts, and picnic areas, starting from near the library and ending around the large reserve area.
- There are also longer Heritage tours available, visiting areas of attractive churches and heritage houses (notably Warwick House, Melrose House and Fairfield House), and through historic Fairfield Park to Cathedral Hill and South Street precinct. These take between one or two hours.
Have Fun at Corporate Functions, Major Events or Private Parties
Want to do something different for team building or entertainment at your next corporate or private function? Move Nelson has already provided several businesses some wheely fun experiences with team building exercises and Christmas function, as well as doing a number of very successful adult and children’s parties! Events and Parties will be available all year round, subject to availability and weather conditions, at specific locations such as Tahunanui Reserve, Neale Park, Saxton Fields or similar large reserves. Contact us and book your Segway experience at Move Nelson today!!
Want some excellent wines for the after ride party - Move Nelson has a special deal with Nelson's only organic and fully carboNZero certTM winery - Kaimira Estate. A great combination of eco-friendly rides with carbon free drinks!!
We also show their versatility by providing entertainment at the Santa Parade and other local events, such as the Makos Family Fun Day!
Promote your Products or Business
Segways are eye-catching, being so unique! Use this as an opportunity to promote your company business or products. Move Nelson has specially created these advertising panels to go on the front of the machines. They have been used by particular businesses for display around the city centre when on rides or on special advertising campaigns, and at events, for great publicity! Contact us to show you what we can offer. This is cost effective advertising!