Experience a Move Nelson City Ride
- Tours will operate over the summer season 2014-2015, from Labour Weekend to the end of the Easter school holidays - and only by special request over winter. Please contact Move Nelson direct on 0800 386 734 or 027 243 5301 to check availability.
- Events and parties will be possible all year, subject to weather and availability. Again please check with Move Nelson as above.
- Payment is by credit card if booked in advance through the website or through agents (such as the I-Site).
- Otherwise, with personal bookings, payment is by cash only. There is NO Eftpos facility available!!
- Move Nelson Segway Tours will provide you with a range of wheely fun experiences that will show the versatility of the Segway.
- Easy to use! After a few minutes guidance from your experienced guide, you will be the master of this amazing machine! Simple technique: to go forward, just lean forwards; to stop (or reverse) just lean gently backwards. A weird but thrilling sensation that everyone quickly gets used to. Contact us for rides.
- Your guided rides start from our base on the riverside reserve 100m. along from the I-Site car park next to the U-Bike coffee caravan. It is well sign posted.
- Other rides may be possible on demand, subject to the days programme from our I-Site base - these are from the Honest Lawyer out at Monaco or from the reserve out at Tahunanui Beach.
- All tours will only operate in suitable weather conditions, as Move Nelson wants to be able to provide a fun and successful experience.
- Tours start at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm from the I-site base, depending on availability on that day, or from the other locations mentioned above, again subject to availability.
- There are a choice of rides from the I-Site base, ranging from the 30minute "Get a Taste of Segways" ride to the longer 1 hour or 2 hour Heritage Tours.
- Get to go along the Maitai River up to Queens Gardens, Chinese Gardens and the Botanics Reserve (home of NZ's first rugby game!), with an option to ride along the coastal track to Founders Park and Miyazu Gardens locality, with an opportunity of going through Founders Park itself! A unique way to see this iconic Nelson attraction!
- The longer Heritage tours visit areas of attractive churches and heritage houses (notably Warwick House, Melrose House and Fairfield House), and through historic Fairfield Park to Cathedral Hill and South Street precinct. There is a one or two hour tour.
- The other potential rides either start from the Honest Lawyer along the coastal track to Monaco and the airport, or around the Tahunanui Beach reserve, past the other attractions, such as the Beach Cafe, Natureland and ProKarts, and picnic areas . These rides will only available if the main tours are not heavily booked and time is available within that days programme.
- At special times, short "Try Our Segways" rides will be offered for $15 for 10 minutes and will be available from our base or at the Beach reserve on special occasions .
Have Fun at Corporate Functions, Major Events or Private Parties
Want to do something different for team building or entertainment at your next corporate or private function? Move Nelson has already provided several businesses some wheely fun experiences with team building exercises and Christmas function, as well as doing a number of very successful adult and children’s parties! Events and Parties will be available all year round, subject to availability and weather conditions, at specific locations such as Tahunanui Reserve, Neale Park, Saxton Fields or similar large reserves. There are also possible wet weather options available in halls and stadiums that have been used in the past. Contact us and book your Segway experience at Move Nelson today!!
Want some excellent wines for the after ride party - Move Nelson has a special deal with Nelson's only organic and fully carboNZero certTM winery - Kaimira Estate. A great combination of eco-friendly rides with carbon free drinks!!
We also show their versatility by providing entertainment at the Santa Parade and other local events, such as the Makos Family Fun Day!
Promote your Products or Business
Segways are eye-catching, being so unique! Use this as an opportunity to promote your company business or products. Move Nelson has specially created these advertising panels to go on the front of the machines. They have been used by particular businesses for display around the city centre when on rides or on special advertising campaigns, and at events, for great publicity! Contact us to show you what we can offer. This is cost effective advertising!